Blocked nose is very common during cold, cough, allergies and pregnancy. Nose is blocked due to excessive mucous production due to some external factor. This causes difficult breathing and heaviness near nasal bridge. This condition is very uncomfortable.
Here are few tips that help to decongest nose
- Put few drops of saline nasal spray in each nostril. These are available OTC at medical stores. You can also prepare saline water at home by adding salt in sterilised water.
- Drink adequate amount of water to thin out the mucus. This also helps to moist nasal lining.
- You can use humidifier in room that keeps nasal passage moist.
- Take steam from a vaporiser.
- Take saline water in neti-pot and use this in each nostril to flush out the excessive mucus.