Amalki Rasayan is Ayurvedic medicine prepared from Amalaki (Embelica officinalis). What are Rasayana: In Ayurveda, herb/medicine which promotes longevity, retentive memory, health, vitality, is called Rasayana. Rasayana are basically alterative tonics which prevent or remove the effects of age, increase the vigour and cure the diseases. They are called Rasayana because of their beneficial effect on the ‘Rasas’ and other elements of the body. Intake of Rasayan, strengthens the metabolic system, improves the blood and consequently the whole body. Amla/Anvla is one of the important Rasayana of Ayurveda.
Amla tones the body, gives strength and virility and boosts immunity to prevent diseases. It has all taste except Lavana/Salty with dominant Kashaya/Astringent taste. Amla is cooling and stomachic. It has astringent action and is useful in bleeding disorders. Amla is very rich source of vitamin C.
It has antioxidant, anti-ageing, anti-ulcer, antipyretic, antidiabetic, cholesterol lowering, cardiotonic, carminative, expectorant, laxative, tonic, fertility and immunity booster properties. Use of Amla, helps in collagen synthesis and protects against its degradation.
Properties of Amalaki or Amla
- Kapha-hara gives relief in cough.
- Kusthaghna cure all skin diseases.
- Virechak or laxative.
- Jwara-hara gives relief in fever.
- Prajaasthapana cures infertility.
- Vayasthaapana prevent the effects of age.
- Rasayana rejuventive tonic.
- Chakshushya good for eyes.
- Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Amalki Rasayan
Amla churna processed in Amla juice.
Benefits of Amalki Rasayan
- It is a restorative tonic, antioxidant, rich in vitamin C and improves body immunity to fight against infections. In Ayurveda Rasayana are medicines which help to rejuvenates body, prevent aging and gives longevity.
- It is a tonic and rejuvenator.
- It is good for hairs, eyes and brain.
- It improves body immunity to fight diseases.
- It prevents recurrent infections.
- It is rich source of vitamin C and fiber.
- It keeps hair black and stops hair fall.
- It reduces excessive pitta and thus give relief in hyperacidity.
- It is good for digestive system.
- It gives relief in constipation due to its laxative properties.
- It detoxifies body.
- It has anti-ulcer properties.
- It is cooling in nature and gives relief in peptic ulcer and burning sensation in body.
- It is useful in ageing.
Uses of Amalki Rasayan
- Amalki Rasayan is a tonic. It improves digestion and immunity. It reduces acidity and gives relief in constipation. It shows beneficial effects in variety of diseases.
- General weakness, fatigue
- Diseases of eyes, cataract, eyesight weakness
- Premature hair greying, hair fall
- Burning sensation in body
- Excessive pitta/Hyperacidity
- Vitamin C deficiency, Poor immunity
- Cough, cold, Asthma, recurrent respiratory ailments
- Peptic ulcer
- Bleeding disorders /Raktapitta, Bleeding gums
- Vata Vyadhi, pain in joints
- Prameha (urinary disorders)
Dosage of Amalki Rasayan
1 to 2 teaspoonful (5 to 10 gm) in the morning and evening with warm milk or as directed by physician.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Amalki Rasayan), Vyas (Amalki Rasayan) Patanjali Divya Pharmacy (Amalki Rasayan), Gopala Ayurveda (Amalaki Rasayana), Gurukul Ayurveda (Amalki Rasayan) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.