Apamarga Kshara Taila is a medicated Ayurvedic oil used in treatment karna roga (diseases of ear). It contains Apamarga kshara and Tila taila (sesame oil). Apamarga kshara is potash rich alkaline ash of the plant.
Apamarga taila is useful in Badhirya (deafness), Karna-nada (sound in ears) and Karna Puran (filling of ears with oil).
Ingredients of Apamargakshara Taila
1. Marga kshara jala (Apamarga Kshar) 16 parts
2. Jala Water 96 parts
3. Tila taila Sesame oil 6 parts
4. Apamarga (Plant) 24 parts
Tila taila Sesame oil, has anti-inflammatory action and antiseptic properties. It is sukshama and vyavayi and spreads in srots (minute channels).
Method of Preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Treat Tila taila to prepare murcchita Tila taila.
- Add 6 parts of water to 1 part of Kshara and dissolve completely (Kshar jala).
- Wash, clean, dry the ingredient number 4 of the Formulation Composition, powder and pass through 180 μm I. S. sieve (sieve number 85) (kalka dravya).
- Transfer the powder to wet grinder and grind with sufficient quantity of water to prepare homogenous blend (kalka).
- Take murcchita Tila Taila in a stainless steel vessel and heat it.
- Add increments of kalka. Stir thoroughly while adding the Kshara jala.
- Heat for 3 h with constant stirring maintaining the temperature between 500 and 900 during the first hour of heating. Stop heating and allow to stand overnight.
- Continue the process of heating intermittently over a period of three days. Constantly check the kalka by rolling between the fingers.
- Stop the heating when the kalka breaks down into pieces on attempting to form a varti (khara paka lakshana) and at the appearance of froth (phenodgama) over the oil. Expose the kalka and oil to flame and confirm the absence of crackling sound indicating absence of moisture.
- Filter while hot (about 800) through a muslin cloth and allow to cool.
- Store it in glass containers and pack them air-tight to protect from light and moisture.
Medicated oil, pink in colour.
Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
Uses of Apamargakshara taila
Apamargakshara taila is used for maximum number of ear disorders.
- Ear problems
- Acquired deafness
- Tinnitus (sound in ears)
- Otorrhoea/discharge from ear
- Nose bleed, nakseer (as Nasya/Nasal therapy)
- Vaginal diseases
- Snake bite
How to use Apamarga Kshara Taila
Put 2 to 5 drops in each ear once or twice a day. For Nasya put 2-6 drops in nostrils.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Atrey (Apamarga Kashara Tail) and some other Ayurvedic pharmacies.