Prabhakar Vati is a herbomineral-metallic Ayurvedic medicine. It is a classical Ayurvedic medicine referenced from Bhaishajya Ratnavali;Hridyaroga Chikitsa.
It contains Makshik Bhasma, Lauha Bhasma, Abhraka Bhasma, Vamsha and Shuddha Shilajeet. It gives strength to heart muscles, lungs and nerves. It cures palpitation, angina pain and anemia. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Prabhakar Vati
Prabhakara Vati is a pill preparation made with the ingredients in the formulation composition given below.
- Makshika (Svarna Makshika Bhasma) Calcined Chalcopyrite – 1 part
- Lauha (Lauha Bhasma) Calcined Lauha – 1 part
- Abhrak (Abhraka Bhasma) Calcined Abhraka – 1 part
- Tugakshiri (Vanshalocana) Bamboo manna S. C. 1 part
- Shilajatu Shuddha 1 part
- Parthavari (Arjun) Kvatha Terminalia arjuna St. Bk. QS
Arjuna bark is main herb for treating heart diseases in Ayurveda. It improves function of cardiac muscle and subsequently improves pumping activity of the heart. It has antioxidant and vascular strengthening activity.
Method of Preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality. Get Lauha Bhasma, Abhraka Bhasma, and Shilajatu Shuddha.
- Wash, clean, dry the ingredient number 6 of the Formulation Composition, powder separately and pass through 355 μm I. S. sieve (sieve number 44) (kwath dravya).
- Add four times water for decoction to the kwath dravya and soak for 4 h, heat and reduce the volume to one-fourth. Filter through muslin cloth to obtain kwath.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly to prepare a homogenous blend.
- Add kwath in required quantity and triturate well to prepare a bolus.
- Expel the mass through Vati machine to obtain cylindrical threads and cut the vatis to a desired weight.
- Roll the vatis on flat surface to round them by circular motion of palm covered with a glove or use suitable mechanical device.
- Dry the rounded vatis in a tray-dryer at a temperature not exceeding 600 for 10 to 12 hour.
- Store vatis in containers and pack them air-tight to protect from light and moisture.
Storage:Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
Benefits of Prabhakar Vati
- It is a cardiac tonic.
- It has antianginal and cardio protective activities.
- It gives strength to heart and lungs.
- It gives relief in palpitation, irregular heartbeat, and chest pain.
- It improves hemoglobin level.
- It helps to get better sleep.
Uses of Prabhakar Vati
- Palpitation (abnormality of heartbeat)
- Heart problems
- Cardiac diseases
Dosage of Prabhakar Vati
1 to 2 Tablets (250 -500 mg) twice a day with Arjun Kwath or water or as directed by physician.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
This is a mineral-metallic formulation. Please take under medical supervision.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Prabhakar Bati), Dabur (Prabhakar Vati) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.