Constipation is bowel movement fewer than three times per week. In constipation stool become very hard, small and painful to eliminate. It is not a disease and is very common. The reason for constipation are many but main are dehydration and diet lacking fiber.
Here are foods that should be included in diet to avoid constipation.
- Include cucumber in daily diet as salad.
- Mix 10 drops of bitter gourd juice in water and drink 2-3 times a day.
- Drink carrot juice or eat carrot.
- Cabbage help in constipation as it is rich in fiber, stimulates digestive enzymes and liver.
- Daily eat papaya to cure constipation. This should also be given to toddlers to avoid problem of constipation.
- Bhathua saag, spinach or other leafy vegetables are also good in constipation.
- Eat radish with rock salt. Radish is pungent in taste so to eat it as salad grate it, add lemon and salt and leave for an hour.
- Drink 8-10 of glass water and keep hydrated. This ensure proper bowel movement in intestine.
- Avoid refined flour, junk food and too much dairy product.
- Try to avoid dependence on medication for constipation cure instead adapt a healthy lifestyle, daily work out, meditation to relieve stress and diet full of fiber.