Amaranth greens is also known as Chaulai or cholai. Grains of Amaranth is called Ramdana is eaten during fasts and illness is very nutritious. The grains of chaulai contain 12 to 17% protein high in lysine which is an essential amino acid. Also grains are high in fiber and low in saturated fats and can be eaten even by those who are allergic to other grains.
Health benefits of Cholai or Chaulai or Amaranth leaves
- Good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and folate, thiamine, niacin, and riboflavin
- Good source of minerals eg calcium, iron, potassium, zinc, copper, and manganese
- Regular consumption reduces blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Improve antioxidant level.
- Strengthen immunity.
- Saag form helps to cure constipation.
- Blood purifier.
- Drinking 15-20 gm cholai juice reduces swelling in eyes due to heat, reddishness and improves eyesight.
- Mix 25 ml Cholai juice with misri and drink to reduce burning sensation in urine and calm down body heat.
- Drinking Cholai juice purifies blood and removes toxic substances from the body.
Also Read : Wild Amaranth Information and Medicinal Uses