Kumaryasava is also known as Kumaryasava no 1 or Kumari Asava no. 1. It is a polyherbal classical Ayurvedic formulation referenced from Sharangdhar Samhitaand is indicated in Udar Rog Chikitsa/ treatment of abdominal diseases.
There are four types of Kumari asava or Kumaryasava viz. No 1, No 2, No 3 and No 4. Each has different ingredients. But in all type main ingredient is Kumari Swaras or Aloe vera juice. Aloe vera is known as kumari. Aloe/Gheekumari/Gvarpatha is bitter, astringent, pungent, sweet and cold in potency and works on all body tissues. It has beneficial effects on circulatory, female reproductive, digestive, nervous and excretory system. Kumaryasava or Kumari asava No 1 is useful in diseases of liver and spleen. This medicine contains Loha, Triphala, Trikatu, Chaturjaat etc. due to which it improves hemoglobin level, appetite, assimilation and cures constipation. It is nutritive and tonic.
Kumari asava No 1 is also given to children in very less dose, to treat weak digestion, enlargement of liver and spleen, loose motion due to impaired digestion etc.
Here is given more about Kumari Asava No. 1, such as indication/therapeutic uses, composition, method of preparation, dosage, and pharmacies making this medicine.
Ingredients of Kumari Asava No. 1
Kumaryasava No 1 is a fermented liquid preparation made with ingredients in the Formulation composition given below. It contains not more than 10 per cent, and not less than 5 per cent of alcohol that is self-generated in the preparation over a period of time.
- Kumari Rasa (Kumari) कुमारी रस Aloe barbadensis Lf. 12.288 liter
- Guda गुड Jaggery 4.8 kg
- Lauha churna लौह चूर्ण 2.4 kg
- Madhu शहद Honey 2.4 kg
- Shunti सोंठ Zingiber officinale 24 g
- Maricha काली मिर्च Peeper nigrum fruit 24 g
- Lavanga लौंग Syzygium aromaticum 24 g
- Twak दालचीनी cinnamon 24 g
- Ela छोटी इलाइची cardamom 24 g
- Patra तेजपत्र Cinnamomum tamala – leaf – 24 g
- Nagakeshara नागकेशर Mesua ferrea stamen 24 g
- Chitraka चित्रक Plumbago zeylanica root 24 g
- Pippali moola पिप्प्लामूल long pepper root 24 g
- Vidanga विडंग False black pepper fruit 24 g
- Gajapippali गजपिप्पली Piper chaba Fruit 24 g
- Chavya चव्य Piper chaba Fruit 24 g
- Hauver हाउवेर Juniperus communis Fruit 24 g
- Dhanyaka धनिया Coriander seed 24 g
- Supari सुपारी Betel nut 24 g
- kutki कुटकी Picrorhiza kurroa 24 g
- Motha मोथा Cyperus rotundus root 24 g
- Haritaki हरीतकी Terminalia chebula fruit rind 24 g
- Vibhitaki विभिताकी Terminalia bellirica fruit rind 24 g
- Amalaki आमलकी Emblica officinalis Fruit 24 g
- Rasna रसना Pluchea lanceolata Root/ leaf 24 g
- Devadaru देवदारु Cedrus deodara Heart wood 24 g
- Haridra हल्दी Turmeric rhizome 24 g
- Daruhaldi दारुहल्दी Berberis aristata Stem 24 g
- Murvamula मूर्वामूल Marsdenia tenacissima Root 24 g
- Yashtimadhu मुलेठी Licorice root 24 g
- Danti दंती Baliospermum montanum root 24 g
- Pushkaramoola पुष्करमूल Inula racemosa root 24 g
- Bala बला Sida cordifolia Root 24 g
- Atibala अतिबला Abutilon indicum root 24 g
- Kaunch कौंच Mucuna pruriens seed 24 g
- Gokhru गोक्षुरु Tribulus terrestris whole plant 24 g
- Shatapushpa शतपुष्प Anethum sowa Fruit 24 g
- Hingpatri हिन्ग पत्री Leaf 24 g
- Akarkara अकरकरा Anacyclus pyrethrum Root 24 g
- Utinggana उंटगन बीज Blepharis edulis seed 24 g
- Shweta Punarnava सफ़ेद पुनर्नवा Boerhavia diffusa root 24 g
- Rakta Punarnava लाल पुनर्नवा Boerhavia diffusa root 24 g
- Lodhra लोध्र Symplocos racemosa stem bark 24 g
- Svarn Makshika Bhasmaमाक्षिक भस्म Bhasma of copper pyrites 24 g
- Dhataki धातकी Woodfordia fruticosa 384 g
Method of Preparation:Gwarpatha/Kumari is taken, washed and chopped in small pieces. Equal amount of water is added to it and boiled. All other medicinal herbs are powdered. Jaggery is dissolved in aloe. All other ingredients are added to aloe and jaggery combination. Then this preparation is put into a pot for fermentation and sealed. It is kept in a dark room for one month. After that the product is filtered and stored.
Description:Clear, dark brown liquid without frothing and significant sedimentation;with astringent taste.
Storage:Store in a cool place in tightly closed amber coloured bottle, protect from light and moisture.
Uses of Kumari Asava No. 1
Kumari Asava No. 1 is useful in treatment of diseases of liver and spleen, cough, respiratory ailments, hyperacidity, female infertility, anemia, jaundice and impaired digestion. Use of this medicine helps in proper secretion of bile. It gives strength to liver. It is indicated in Nashtartava (Amenorrhoea) in females developed due to ovarian dysfunction.
Initially, this medicine should be taken in low dosage. The dose can be increased gradually. The results are visible after use of 1-2 weeks.
- Enlargement of Liver and Spleen
- Anemia, female infertility
- Diseases of heart
- All types of urinary diseases
- Strained micturition
- Swelling, constipation
- Piles, anorexia
- Calculus, Seminal disorders
- Improves appetite
- Tonic, nourishing
- Increases hemoglobin
Avoid Kumaryasava use in high dosage and for longer duration as it may cause inflammation of urinary tract.
Dosage of Kumaryasava
The recommended dosage of Kumaryasava is 15 - 30 ml orally with equal amount of water after meals twice a day.
Where to buy
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Dabur Kumaryasava, Baidyanath Kumari Asava, Shree Dhootapapeshwar Limited Kumari Asava No. 1, and SDP Ayurveda Kumaryasava No. 1 and many other pharmacies.