Arjunarishta is an Ayurvedic medicine for cardiovascular diseases and respiratory disorders. The main active ingredient of this medicine is bark of Arjuna Tree (Click here for details) which is magical herb for controlling blood pressure, cholesterol level and also for strengthening heart muscles for proper functioning of heart.
Arjunarishta is also shows beneficial effects in bleeding disorders and bleeding dysentery.
Ingredients of Arjunarishta
Arjunarishta is a fermented liquid preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below. It contains not more than 10 per cent, and not less than 5 per cent of alcohol that is self-generated in the preparation over a period of time.
- Partha (Arjuna) अर्जुन छाल Terminalia arjuna St. Bk. 4.8 kg
- Mridvika (Draksha) मुनक्का Vitis vinifera Fr. 2.4 kg
- Madhupushpa (Madhuka) महुआ Madhuca indica Fl. 960 g
- Jala पानी for decoction Water 49.152 liter reduced to 12.288 liter
- Dhataki धातकी Woodfordia fruticosa Fl. 960 g
- Guda गुड़ Jaggery 4.8 kg
Method of preparation
Take the raw materials of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Wash, dry and powder the ingredient numbered 1 (Kvatha Dravya) of the formulation composition and pass through the sieve number 44 to obtain coarse powder. Wash and clean the ingredient number 4 and 5 (Kvatha Dravya) of the formulation composition.
- Add specified amount of water to the Kvatha Dravya, soak overnight, heat, reduce to one fourth and filter through muslin cloth to obtain Kvatha.
- Add the ingredient number 6 of the formulation composition to the Kvatha, allow to dissolve and filter through the muslin cloth.
- Transfer the filtrate to a clean container;add Dhataki and seal the mouth of the container. Shift the container to the fermentation room and constantly check for the signs of completion of fermentation process.
- Filter the fermented material through a clean muslin cloth.
- Pack in air tight containers and allow for maturation.
Clear brown liquid without frothing and significant sedimentation; with aromatic odour and astringent taste.
Store in a cool place in tightly closed amber coloured bottle, protect from light and moisture.
Benefits of Arjunarishta
The oral administration of Arjunarishta:-
- Protects heart/Cardioprotective.
- Nourishes and strengthens heart muscle.
- Promotes cardiac functioning by regulating blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Improves capacity and efficiency of lungs.
- Arjunarishta has Raktastambhak property/Reduces blood flow in case of bleeding and it is also indicated in bleeding disorders and bleeding dysentery.
Therapeutic uses of Arjunarishta
Arjunarishta is a very famous Ayurvedic tonic for heart. The principle ingredient in this medicine is Arjun bark. This medicine is indicated in diseases of heart, blood-pressure, palpitation, lungs and `
- Cardiovascular disorders
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart palpitation
- Weakness of heart
- Lung diseases
- Loss of immunity
- Excessive sweating
- Mouth dryness
- Azoospermia (absence of motile/viable sperm in the semen)
Dosage of Arjunarishta
Take 12 ml to 24 ml twice daily with equal amount of water or as directed by doctor. Take after having meals.
Where to buy
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Dabur, Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan, Patanjali Divya Pharmacy, Sandu, Shree Dhootapapeshwar Limited, Shri Bajranga Ayurved Bhawan and some other pharmacies.