Jamun is a fruit tree native to India. Jamun has many medicinal properties and it’s fruit is very rich in nutrients. There are lot of medicinal use of Jamun in Ayurveda. It’s fruit, leaves as well as seed are main part which can be used in curing and controlling diseases.
Nutrients of ripe Jamun fruits:
Ripe fruit of Jamun is very rich in nutrients it contains sodium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, zinc, iron, Vitamins C & A, riboflavin, nicotinic acid, choline, folic acid and maleic acid.
Anthocyanin's are present in appreciable quantities and are the reason for the antioxidant activity of the fruit.
The seed contains the glycoside, jamboline, gallic acid and essential oils.
Jamun fruit and Seeds powder can be used to controlling glucose level in body. So diabetic patients can consume seeds powder with consultation of a Ayurvedic Physician.
In Jamun season you should eat Jamun after meal to control blood sugar level and improve digestion as it activate liver function.
You can get Jamun vinegar from some ayurvedic store of you can get it from some rural area. It is better if you make vinegar at Home. I will write that method in another post. For swelled lever, spleen and other liver related problem take 2 spoon Jamun vinegar Daily.
Jamun Vinegar is also helpful in Migraine. Apply little vinegar on head it will give you relief from migraine pain.
Here are some Jamun remedies you can use at home
- If your child is doing bet wetting then you should give 1 tea spoon ground seed with water to child.
- In case of dysentery(bloody) take 20 gm powdered seeds and take wth 1/2 cup of water twice daily.
- In case diarrhea take two soft leaves of Jamun and make paste of it. Now add some rock salt to it and make small pills and take twice daily with water.
- In case of conjunctivitis boil soft 20 leaves of Jamun and boil in in 2 cup water till it reduces to 100 ml. Cool down this and wash eyes with this water(decoction).
- In case of acidity drink 10 ml Jamun vinegar with some water it will give you relief.