Ashokarishta (Asokarishtam) is a classical Ayurvedic medicine with self-generated alcohol and bark of Ashoka tree as the chief ingredient. It is one of the most popular remedy for 'female disorders' or for menstrual disorder and female hormonal imbalances. It contains not more than 10 per cent, and not less than 5 per cent of alcohol that is self-generated in the preparation over a period of time.
Ashokarishta is Madhura/Sweet, Tikta/bitter, kashaya/Astringent, Katu (pungent) Rasa (Taste);Sheet/ Cool (Potency);Madhura/Sweet Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect), and Laghu/Light Guna (Characteristics). It is Tridosh-nashak and balances Vata, pitta and kapha.
Ingredients of Ashokarishta:
49.152 l reduced to 12.288 l
Ajaji (shveta Jiraka) सफ़ेद जीरा
Mustaka (Musta) मोथा
shunthi सूखा अदरक पाउडर
Darvi (Daruharidra) दारू हल्दी
Amrasthi (Amra) आम की गुठली
Endosperm (Beeja Majja)
Jiraka (shveta Jiraka) सफ़ेद जीरा
Candana (shveta Candana) सफ़ेद चन्दन
The ingredients which are used to make this medicine are also tonic, anti-inflammatory, Balya/strength increasing, Medhya/good for brain, detoxifying and pain-relieving.
In Ayurveda, the main reason for all gynecological problem is Vata dosh. Ashokaristha pacifies the aggravated vata dosh.
This medicine also works on digestive system and helps to improves appetite, digestion and assimilation. It is Deepana and Pachana in action. It gives relief in dyspepsia, decreased appetite, flatulence, constipation.
Triphala which is one of the ingredient of this medicine detoxifies body and also cure constipation.
Ashoka, Shunthi, Haritaki, Vasa, and Chandana are good for heart and increases and strength. They are tonic which cause Dhatu Pushti.
Haritaki, Amalaki, and Utpala are tonic or Rasayan herb of Ayurveda.
Musta, Ajaji, Sunthi and Haritaki works on digestive system and improves digestion and appetite.
Utpala, Haritaki and Bibhitaki works on brain and cures anxiety and sleep disturbances.
Better digestion, assimilation and elimination improves health and removes the diseases.
Therapeutic uses of Ashokarishta
Benefit of Ashokarishta
- Balances female hormones
- Maintains healthy production of female hormones
- Helping to regulate the menstrual cycle and ease the transition into menopause
- Nourishes the blood and the reproductive system
- Maintains regular and healthy menses
- Rejuvenates female reproductive organs and blood
- Improves fertility
- Uterine tonic
Ashokarishta is indicated in:
- Female hormonal imbalances, menstrual disorder
- Excessive discharge of blood during period
- Periods at irregular intervals, menorrhagia (dysfunctional uterine bleeding)
- Dysmenorrhea (pain during menstruation that interferes with daily activities)
- Pain in female genital tract
- Safed paani/shwet pradar (leucorrhoea): whitish discharge from the female genitals
- Jvara (fever), Raktapitta (bleeding disorders), Arsh/piles
- Mandagni/dyspepsia (painful, difficult, or disturbed digestion), tastelessness
- Meha or polyuria production of abnormally large volumes of dilute urine)
- Shoth (inflammation)
- Ashokarishta or Asokarishtam is atonic for female reproductive system. It strengthens uterus, and balances hormones. It is useful in almostall period related problems (amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, menorrhagia, metrorrhagia. It curesinfertilityand improves chances of conceiving.
- This medicine is useful in all female diseases. It is a tonic that improves health and can be used for long duration.
Dosage of Ashokarishta
Take 15 – 30 ml of Ashokarishta orally with equal amount of water after meals twice a day.
Ashokarishta is manufactured by Dabur, Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan, Patanjali Divya Pharmacy, Sandu Brothers;Oushadasala (Ashokarishtam), Keva Ayurveda Healthcare (Ashokarishtam), Kottakkal Aryavaidyasala, Nagarjuna (Asokarishtam) and some other pharmacies.
Where to buyYou can buy this medicine from pharmacy stores or online.