Most of the stomach infections can be treated with natural remedies and Ayurvedic medicines. The most common stomach infections are Amoebiasis (Pechish) and diarrhea. These two infection are common and can be treated naturally in most of the cases. In case of severe condition it is advised to consult a qualified doctor immediately.
Reasons of Stomach infections
- Consumption of Contaminated food or water
- Wrong combination of foods
- Use of antibiotic drugs
- Food allergies
- Amoebiasis is caused by a parasite Ant amoeba Histolica.
- Viral and bacterial infections due to poor hygiene
Home remedies for stomach infections
There are many home remedies are available which helps to cure loose motion without any side effect. Some of them are as follows
- Make paste of 4-5 fresh tender guava leaves and water and consume it 2-3 times a day. This is very effective in “amoebiasis” for me as I cannot take antibiotic’s due to allergy and I can remember in my child hood my mother use to give guava leaves paste to kids in my family.
- Take 2 table spoon Isabbael(aurvedic) 3-4 times a day and this is also very effective in “amoebiasis” and you can easily get this from any chemist shop in India.
If after 3 days you are not getting relief the please consult to Doctor.
- Mix anardana, raisin and little salt and make a paste and eat it 2-3 times a day.
- Make paste of tulsi leaves, salt, and black pepper and mix it in curd and eat it 3-4 times a day
- Eat Bel fruit.
- Drink oral rehydration solution(ors) as many times as possible to replenish the water lost from body. ORS packets are available at every chemist shops. It can also be made at home by mixing 1 teaspoon of salt and 8 teaspoon of sugar in 1 liter of water.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of fresh mint juice,1 teaspoon lime juice and honey take it 2-3 times a day
- Make paste of amchoor and honey and eat it 2-3 times a day.
- Drink black tea without sugar
Foods to avoid in stomach infections
When one is having loose motion or dysentery avoid following foods as these can severe the situation
- Avoid spicy food, dairy products, fat rich foods, dry fruits, high fiber content foods and oily foods, peas, pears ,cold drinks, vegetable nuts and seeds, corn, broccoli, spinach, legumes etc
The food that can be taken in stomach infections
- Eat bananas, Bananas are rich in potassium, contains fruit sugars and are easy to digest.
When dysentery is under control gradually start normal diet. Also if one experiences loose motions for more than 3 days it is advisable to consult doctor.