IME-9 Tablet is a polyherbal ayurvedic medicine. This herbal medicine is a
researched product of the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences
(C.C.R.A.S.). A double blind clinical human trial has been done on more than
800 patients. It is approved by The Department of Ayurveda, Yoga and
Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH).
IME-9 Tablet is combination of well-known and proven medicinal herbs
Karela, Jamun, Amra, Gudmar and Shilajeet.
It is useful in management of diabetes. It helps to control fasting
blood sugar and post prandial blood sugar. It is prepared from herbal /
natural ingredients. It helps in diabetes related problems such as
thirst, hunger, fatigue and excessive urination.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits,
indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Type of medicine: Proprietary / Classical Medicine
- Manufacturer: Kudos Laboratories India, GMP and ISO 9001:2008
- Purpose: Diabetes (Madhumeha management)
- IME-9 Tablets MRP / Price: Rs. 300 for 60 tablets
- Suitable for: Diabetic patient
Ingredients of IME-9 Tablets
Below is given list of ingredients.
Each coated tablet contains dried extracts of following:
- Amra (Mangifera indica Linn) 625mg
- Karela (Momordica charantia Linn) 625mg
- Gudmar (Gymnema sylvestre) 625mg
- Jamun (Syzygium cumini (Linn.) Skeels) 625mg
- Shuddha Shilajit (Asphaltum) 0.1665g
- Sodium methyl paraben
- Sodium propyl paraben
- Excipients Q.S.
- Approximate of each tablet 625 mg
About the ingredients
1. Amra (Mangifera indica), contains bio-active compounds, Polyphenols,
Carotenoids, Triterpenoids, Magniferrin, Tannins, Gallic Acid derivatives and
soluble dietary fibres. All these bio active compounds act by releasing more
insulin from Beta-cells & get hypoglycemic effects.
2. Bitter melon / Karela (Momordica charantia family Cucurbitaceae) is
well known bitter anti-diabetic herb. The fruits and seeds of this plant are
been reported to exert hypoglycemic effect. It contains several chemical
constituents, including the glycosides (mormordin and charantin) and alkaloid
(mormordicine). It also contains an insulin-like polypeptide called
Polypeptide-P. Polypeptide-P has been designated as the ‘plant insulin which
lowers blood sugar levels when injected subcutaneously gerbils, langurs and
3. Gudmar (Gymnema sylvestre, family Asclepiadaceae), is a woody climber
found in central and peninsular India. It is one of the main herb used in
Ayurveda to treat diabetes due to its hypoglycemic activities. For medicinal
purpose roots and leaves of plant are used. The chewing of leaf lowers
cholesterol, triglycerides, lipid and blood sugar level. Gudmar controls the
sugar level as it increases insulin secretion, regenerates islet cells,
increases utilization of glucose, and inhibits absorption of sugar from
Gudmar is bitter, acrid, anodyne, anthelmintic, antipyretic, astringent,
cardiotonic, digestive, diuretic, emetic, expectorant, laxative, stimulant,
stomachic, uterine tonic. It used in Ayurveda for treating amenorrhea, asthma,
bronchitis, cardiopathy, Conjunctivitis, constipation, cough, dyspepsia,piles,
hemorrhoids, hepatosplenomegaly, inflammations, intermittent fever, Jaundice and
4. Jamun (Syzygium Jambolanum, Synonym Eugenia jambolana, Family:
Myrtaceae) or Indian black berry, has antidiabetic properties and reduce in
blood glucose level. It increases serum insulin levels. The seed powder of Jamun
fruit exhibits normoglycemia and better glucose tolerance.
5. Shilajita/Shilajeet is a natural substance but it is not an animal or
plant based product. It is a mineral pitch that oozes from the rocks. This
mineral comes out from the Himalayan rocks during summer.
Shilajatu increases flow of digestive secretion and helps in better
absorption. It is used in treatment of in consumption (Kshaya), tuberculosis
(Rajayakshama), genito-urinary diseases, sexual weakness, gonorrhoea, diabetes,
chronic bronchitis, phthisis, asthma, gallstone, renal stone, anuria, jaundice,
enlarged spleen and liver, and nervous diseases.
Shilajit is an adaptogen and a major Ayurvedic rejuvenation tonic. It
improves digestion and assimilation. In Ayurveda, it is considered a medicine
which has ability to cure every disease. It is highly condensed minerals and
amino acid. It slows ageing and degeneration.
Shilajit works on reproductive organs. It control blood sugar level, and
improves immunity. It gives relief in chronic disorders, body pain and diabetes.
Its intake gives physical, mental and sexual power. It is a tonic and
rejuvenating natural substance.
Benefits of IME-9 Tablets
- It is an herbal medicine.
- It has antioxidant effects.
- It controls the blood sugar level.
- It gives relief in diabetes related complications.
- It regenerate beta cells.
- It decrease insulin resistance.
- It act by stimulating beta cells and increasing insulin production.
- It decrease peripheral insulin resistance and delay glucose absorption from intestines.
Important Therapeutic Uses of IME-9 Tablets
This medicine is suitable for all gender and used in management of Diabetes.
It has antioxidant effects and helps in reducing diabetes related complications.
Dosage of IME-9 Tablets
Take 2 tablets thrice a day half an hour before meal with water or as
directed by physician.
This medicine is available online and at medical stores.