Himalaya Tagara is an herbal medicine from The Himalaya Drug Company. It is actually the extract of medicinal herb Tagar. Tagar (Indian Valerian) is a perennial, herbaceous plant indigenous to India. It is found in the temperate Himalayan region and the roots of the plants are used all over the world to treat depression, spasmodic conditions, anxiety, insomnia, weakness of nerves, etc. It is hot in potency and reduces Vata/wind inside body. It is hypnotic, sedative, narcotic and tranquilizing.
Tagar is also used to regulate menstrual cycle due to its emmenagogue (also spelled emmenagogs) action. Emmenagogue are those herbs which stimulate blood flow in the pelvic area and uterus and sometimes used to stimulate menstruation and cause abortion.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Himalaya Tagara
Each tablet contains 250 mg
- Tagara (Valeriana wallichii) rhizome extract
About the ingredient
Indian Valerian / Valeriana wallichii, has sedative, hypnotic, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, antidepressant anti-inflammatory, analgesic anthelmintic, insecticidal, hypotensive antispasmodic, antidiarrheal bronchodilatory, antipyretic, antioxidant, hepatoprotective and neuroprotective properties.
It is best herb for stress, anxiety, nervousness, hysteria and insomnia.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Himalaya Tagara
- Disturbed sleep, Insomnia, mental fatigue
- Anxiety, stress, restlessness, nervousness
- Depression, epilepsy
Health Benefits of Tagara
- It calms the mind.
- It supports better sleep.
- It corrects sleep cycle.
- It helps to reduce stress, anxiety and irritability.
- It remove obstruction from nerves.
- It gives relief in pain.
- It is hot in potency and reduces Kapha.
- It is sedative, hypnotic, antispasmodic and tranquilizing.
Dosage of Himalaya Tagara
1 tablet twice a day after meal with water or as directed by physician. You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
Caution / Side-effects
- Always take this medicine in recommended dosage.
- Overdose produces many side effects.
- It is hot in potency and should not be taken in pregnancy.