777 Oil is an herbal Ayurvedic medicated oil invented by Dr. J. R. Krishnamoorthy. This oil is for external use only and indicated in diseases of skin (tvak roga). Sunlight plays important role in preparation and use of this oil.
In the preparation of the 777 oil, sunlight is used to extract the fat soluble parts of herb in the oil. The leaves of Wrightia trinctoria are soaked in coconut oil and kept in direct sunlight.
The Ayurvedic method to use sunlight to cook is known as Aditya paka / Surya paka or Sooriya pudam (in Siddha system of medicine). It is a Sneha Kalpana were Taila is heated with mild temperature produced by the exposure of sunlight for a specific time period. This method is practiced to prepare Taila Paka from the drugs which are having volatile property and are heat sensitive in nature.
Aditya paka is simple and effective way to extract the active principles from the leaves in to the base coconut oil.
For treatment of Psoriasis 777 oil is applied on the affected area of the skin and the patients are exposed to mild sunlight for a minimum period of 2 - 3 hours per day. This is repeated till a complete relief is obtained.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and how to use.
Ingredients of 777 Oil
- The 777 oil, a coded drug on Siddha system of medicine is derived from the leaves of Wrightia tinctoria by insolation with coconut oil as base.
- Each 5 ml contains extracts of:
- Wrightia tinctoria 50% w/v
- Oleum cocos nucifera 50% w/v
Wrightia tinctoria is known as Shveta Kutaja, Mitha indarjau, Stree Kutaja (Ayurvedic), Inderjao Shireen (Unani), Irum-paalai, Nilapaalai (Siddha), Pala indigo, Ivory tree, Easter tree, and Mitha indrajau (Hindi). It is belongs to plant family Apocynaceae and found in Central peninsular India. It is a tree and its leaves, bark, seeds are used for medicinal purpose.
In Siddha medicine, the leaves are widely used in the treatment of psoriasis and other skin diseases.
Coconut oil is also known as coconut butter (Oleum Cocois), Oleum Cocos nucifera, Narikela taila and Nariyal Taila. Coconut oil is applied topically on psoriatic skin. It contains lauric acid which reduces swelling, redness and itching.
Benefits of Coconut oil for skin: Coconut oil has remarkable antifungal, antibacterial, moisturizing, emollient, antioxidant, and healing properties. Due to antibacterial action, it kills harmful bacteria and helps the healing process. It makes skin soft. It promotes healthy cell regeneration and cures dryness. The small molecular structure of coconut oil allows for easy absorption through the skin.
Benefits of 777 Oil
- It is herbal.
- It is safe and effective for treatment, control and management of all types of psoriasis.
- It is non- steroid simple herbal formulation.
- It is very effective in the treatment of dandruff.
- It has pain reliving (analgesic), swelling reducing (anti-inflammatory) and fever reducing (antipyretic) activities.
- It impairs Keratinocytes (outermost layer of the skin) multiplication.
- It interferes in co-stimulatory molecules communications (Interleukins & Cytokines).
Important Therapeutic Uses of 777 Oil
- It is a coded drug of the Siddha system of medicine prescribed in Psoriasis / Kalanjaga Padai / Kitibha.
- Psoriasis is a non-contagious, autoimmune and papulo-squamous disorder of the skin characterized by severe itching, dryness of the skin and white silvery scales. In psoriasis there is rapid growth of skin cells leading to formation of thick-dry patches. In Ayurveda, it is considered Vata-Kapha predominating skin disorder.
- Psoriasis is known as Kalanjaga Padai in Siddha system.
- The clinical symptoms of Kitibha, a type of kshudra kushtha due to Vata-Kaphaja disorder, described in Ayurveda resembles with the clinical symptoms of Psoriasis.
How to use 777 Oil
- Apply 777 oil over affected area in the morning, expose to sunlight for 2-3 hours.
- This oil is for external use only.
- It must not be taken internally.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.