Kumaryasava is also known as Kumaryasava no 1 or Kumari Asava no. 1. It is a polyherbal classical Ayurvedic formulation referenced from Sharangdhar Samhitaand is indicated in Udar Rog Chikitsa/ treatment of abdominal diseases.
There are four types of Kumari asava or Kumaryasava viz. No 1, No 2, No 3 and No 4. Each has different ingredients. But in all type main ingredient is Kumari Swaras or Aloe vera juice. Aloe vera is known as kumari. Aloe/Gheekumari/Gvarpatha is bitter, astringent, pungent, sweet and cold in potency and works on all body tissues. It has beneficial effects on circulatory, female reproductive, digestive, nervous and excretory system. Kumaryasava or Kumari asava No 1 is useful in diseases of liver and spleen. This medicine contains Loha, Triphala, Trikatu, Chaturjaat etc. due to which it improves hemoglobin level, appetite, assimilation and cures constipation. It is nutritive and tonic.
Kumari asava No 1 is also given to children in very less dose, to treat weak digestion, enlargement of liver and spleen, loose motion due to impaired digestion etc.
Here is given more about Kumari Asava No. 1, such as indication/therapeutic uses, composition, method of preparation, dosage, and pharmacies making this medicine.
Ingredients of Kumari Asava No. 1
Kumaryasava No 1 is a fermented liquid preparation made with ingredients in the Formulation composition given below. It contains not more than 10 per cent, and not less than 5 per cent of alcohol that is self-generated in the preparation over a period of time.
- Kumari Rasa (Kumari) Aloe barbadensis Lf. 12.288 liter
- Guda Jaggery 4.8 kg
- Lauha churna 2.4 kg
- Madhu Honey 2.4 kg
- Shunti Zingiber officinale 24 g
- Maricha Peeper nigrum fruit 24 g
- Lavanga Syzygium aromaticum 24 g
- Twak cinnamon 24 g
- Ela cardamom 24 g
- Patra Cinnamomum tamala – leaf – 24 g
- Nagakeshara Mesua ferrea stamen 24 g
- Chitraka Plumbago zeylanica root 24 g
- Pippali moola long pepper root 24 g
- Vidanga False black pepper fruit 24 g
- Gajapippali Piper chaba Fruit 24 g
- Chavya Piper chaba Fruit 24 g
- Hauver Juniperus communis Fruit 24 g
- Dhanyaka Coriander seed 24 g
- Supari Betel nut 24 g
- kutki Picrorhiza kurroa 24 g
- Motha Cyperus rotundus root 24 g
- Haritaki Terminalia chebula fruit rind 24 g
- Vibhitaki Terminalia bellirica fruit rind 24 g
- Amalaki Emblica officinalis Fruit 24 g
- Rasna Pluchea lanceolata Root/ leaf 24 g
- Devadaru Cedrus deodara Heart wood 24 g
- Haridra Turmeric rhizome 24 g
- Daruhaldi Berberis aristata Stem 24 g
- Murvamula Marsdenia tenacissima Root 24 g
- Yashtimadhu Licorice root 24 g
- Danti Baliospermum montanum root 24 g
- Pushkaramoola Inula racemosa root 24 g
- Bala Sida cordifolia Root 24 g
- Atibala Abutilon indicum root 24 g
- Kaunch Mucuna pruriens seed 24 g
- Gokhru Tribulus terrestris whole plant 24 g
- Shatapushpa Anethum sowa Fruit 24 g
- Hingpatri Leaf 24 g
- Akarkara Anacyclus pyrethrum Root 24 g
- Utinggana Blepharis edulis seed 24 g
- Shweta Punarnava Boerhavia diffusa root 24 g
- Rakta Punarnava Boerhavia diffusa root 24 g
- Lodhra Symplocos racemosa stem bark 24 g
- Svarn Makshika Bhasma Bhasma of copper pyrites 24 g
- Dhataki Woodfordia fruticosa 384 g
Method of Preparation: Gwarpatha/Kumari is taken, washed and chopped in small pieces. Equal amount of water is added to it and boiled. All other medicinal herbs are powdered. Jaggery is dissolved in aloe. All other ingredients are added to aloe and jaggery combination. Then this preparation is put into a pot for fermentation and sealed. It is kept in a dark room for one month. After that the product is filtered and stored.
Description: Clear, dark brown liquid without frothing and significant sedimentation;with astringent taste.
Storage: Store in a cool place in tightly closed amber coloured bottle, protect from light and moisture.
Medicinal Uses of Kumari Asava No. 1
Kumari Asava No. 1 is useful in treatment of diseases of liver and spleen, cough, respiratory ailments, hyperacidity, female infertility, anemia, jaundice and impaired digestion. Use of this medicine helps in proper secretion of bile. It gives strength to liver. It is indicated in Nashtartava (Amenorrhoea) in females developed due to ovarian dysfunction.
Initially, this medicine should be taken in low dosage. The dose can be increased gradually. The results are visible after use of 1-2 weeks.
- Enlargement of Liver and Spleen
- Anemia, female infertility
- Diseases of heart
- All types of urinary diseases
- Strained micturition
- Swelling, constipation
- Piles, anorexia
- Calculus, Seminal disorders
- Improves appetite
- Tonic, nourishing
- Increases hemoglobin
Avoid Kumaryasava use in high dosage and for longer duration as it may cause inflammation of urinary tract.
Dosage of Kumaryasava
The recommended dosage of Kumaryasava is 15 – 30 ml orally with equal amount of water after meals twice a day.
Where to buy
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Dabur Kumaryasava, Baidyanath Kumari Asava, Shree Dhootapapeshwar Limited Kumari Asava No. 1, and SDP Ayurveda Kumaryasava No. 1 and many other pharmacies.