Most of the fevers can be treated with Giloy, It is herbal plant with many medicinal properties which increases our body immunity to fight with any external infection. It can also use in cure of dengue and swine flue. Giloy acts as immunity booster. You can use this remedy with regular medicines also in any kind of fever . This can be made easily at home.
Table of content
Common names of Giloy
Botanical Name: Tinospora Cordifolia, English Name: Gulancha Tinospora, Sanskrit name: Guduchi, Giloy, Amrita.
Ingredients of Giloy Decoction
Main herb for this remedy is Giloy and Basil (Tulasi), which you can find very easily. Giloy leafs are heart shaped and bark is creamy gray colored. You can see Giloy growing on trees. Tulasi is very common herb in India and it can be found in almost every house.
Method for making giloy decoction
- Take approximately one foot long Giloy or Amrita Stem and 8-10 leaves of Tulsi (basil)
- Cut stem of Giloy in small pieces and along with tulsi leaves grind it to make paste.
- Add this mixture to 1 liter water and put it on stove at low flame. Cook it till mixture reduces to 250 ml.
- Once it reduces to 250 ml remove pan from flame and strain out remaining liquid.
- Take this decoction three times at day.
After long duration of illness people are getting fever very frequently in that case this is very effective.
Note: Always consult your physician and use this remedy along with your prescribed medicines. as this has no side effect.